I was waiting for my husband while he was checking out a new truck and I saw a little newstand with a spanish newspaper. I’ve heard that you can get unique coupons in spanish papers, so I picked one up to thumb through it. That’s when I saw the grocery store ad for the local international market and could hardly believe it. Here’s a small sampling of some of their in-ad prices:
- Boneless Chicken Breast? $1.49 a pound!
- Tomatoes? 3 pounds for .99
- Canned Veggies: 3 for .99
- 4 lb long-grain rice $1.89 (I pay .99 a pound at Walmart)
- Chicken leg quarters .79/lb
- 80-count Flour Tortillas $2.88 (I pay almost that for a 12-count at Walmart!)
- White onions 3 pounds for .99
- Avocados 3 for .99
Another store had 2 dozen eggs for $1.00. I have to say again that I couldn’t believe the prices.
I plan to go check it out and see how the food is. I’m not expecting to find deals on organic food or brown rice/wheat tortillas, but it looks like a great place to stock up on meat, fruit and veggies.
I checked some Google Reviews to see what locals had to say about this store. They were all overwhelmingly positive, saying this particular store was clean, bright, with fresher meats than some of the other local markets.