From our Live Below the Line Challenge comes
Vietnam Fried Rice**
- 1-3 Carrots, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 tsp Seasoning – Salt
- 1/2 lbs (raw) Chicken – Breast, cut into small pieces
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Onions, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 Tbs Milk
- 2 Tbs Vegetable Oil
- 1 1/2 cups (prepared) Rice – White
1. Cook rice ahead of time or use leftover rice
2. Stir fry quickly just until vegetables are crisp tender and meat is cooked, if using cooked meat add at the last minute just to heat through. Put mixture in serving dish. Keep warm
3. To hot skillet add 1 T margarine or oil
4. Beat together
6. T milk
7. 1/2 t salt
8. Pour egg mixture in skillet and allow to apread out when partially firm, turn like a large pancake and cook briefly on second side. Remove from skillet and roll up and cut into thin strips. Add egg strips and vegetable mixture to hot rice. Stir gently to combine and return to serving dish. Serve with soy sauce.
10. Add 1-2 cups of bean sprouts with the vegetables.
Cooking Times Preparation Time: 15 minutes Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Nutrition Facts Serving size: 1/4 of a recipe (8.3 ounces). Percent daily values based on the Reference Daily Intake (RDI) for a 2000 calorie diet. Nutrition information calculated from recipe ingredients.
Amount Per Serving Calories 401.42 Calories From Fat (21%) 84.97 % Daily Value Total Fat 9.58g 15% Saturated Fat 2.15g 11% Cholesterol 98.91mg 33% Sodium 147.95mg 6% Potassium 567.48mg 16% Total Carbohydrates 66.89g 22% Fiber 5.19g 21% Sugar 6.12g Protein 12.05g 24%
Source Web Page: http://www.recipematcher.com/index.php/recipe/match/Vietnam-Fried-Rice/
**For our Live Below the Line challenge, I had to make a couple small changes. I will be setting aside either some extra chicken or extra ham from the other recipes this week. I will use melted margarine instead of oil and add some chopped celery.